Home Forums Politics Should Political Correctness Go?

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Michael Wells Michael Wells 12 months ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kimberly Wells
    Kimberly Wells
    @Kasey

I believe that it is past time for us to get rid of political correctness. Most people today don’t even understand what the term means or where it comes from.

Full Definition of politically correct
    : conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated
    – political correctness noun

Source

So, where did political correctness come from. It was started by politicians. They decided that in order to win the most votes they must offend the least amount of people. The problem with this idea is that in order to avoid offending people you have to express the fewest number of opinions possible.

The reality of the world we live in is that there are so many different opinions that you will always find something to disagree on if you look hard enough. Instead of learning how to debate these ideas calmly our society has turned to ridicule and violence in order to force their opinions on others. It is no longer enough in our society to agree to disagree. There are whole generations of people who have been told that they should not be offended. In actuality life isn’t fair. We aren’t all the same, we don’t have the same backgrounds, we don’t have the same ideals or opinions. Unlike what politicians would like us to believe it is not a requirement in life for everyone to agree on everything.

Political correctness is now being pushed to the extreme. The majority is no longer allowed to have opinions because they are the majority. The majority is no longer allowed to express their opinions. The majority is supposed to feel bad for being part of the majority!

We need to bring back debate teams. We need to teach our children how to agree to disagree. It is horrible that our children can be talked into acts of violence over dissenting opinions in the name of tolerance! Tolerance is accepting others as they are, not forcing them to agree with you!

I know that the political correctness crowd would then scream that everyone needs to be equal. That we all have to have the exact same things. I don’t want the exact same things. I want the opportunity to work hard and improve my station in life. I was taught that the best things in life are earned and that they are not guaranteed. Politicians don’t want you to realize how spectacularly they lie.

~ We're the Land of the Free only as long as we're the Home of the Brave ~

Profile photo of Michael Wells
    Michael Wells
    Keymaster
    @wells.michael

I believe that it is past time for us to get rid of political correctness. Most people today don’t even understand what the term means or where it comes from.

Full Definition of politically correct
    : conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated
    – political correctness noun

Source

So, where did political correctness come from. It was started by politicians. They decided that in order to win the most votes they must offend the least amount of people. The problem with this idea is that in order to avoid offending people you have to express the fewest number of opinions possible.

The reality of the world we live in is that there are so many different opinions that you will always find something to disagree on if you look hard enough. Instead of learning how to debate these ideas calmly our society has turned to ridicule and violence in order to force their opinions on others. It is no longer enough in our society to agree to disagree. There are whole generations of people who have been told that they should not be offended. In actuality life isn’t fair. We aren’t all the same, we don’t have the same backgrounds, we don’t have the same ideals or opinions. Unlike what politicians would like us to believe it is not a requirement in life for everyone to agree on everything.

Political correctness is now being pushed to the extreme. The majority is no longer allowed to have opinions because they are the majority. The majority is no longer allowed to express their opinions. The majority is supposed to feel bad for being part of the majority!

We need to bring back debate teams. We need to teach our children how to agree to disagree. It is horrible that our children can be talked into acts of violence over dissenting opinions in the name of tolerance! Tolerance is accepting others as they are, not forcing them to agree with you!

I know that the political correctness crowd would then scream that everyone needs to be equal. That we all have to have the exact same things. I don’t want the exact same things. I want the opportunity to work hard and improve my station in life. I was taught that the best things in life are earned and that they are not guaranteed. Politicians don’t want you to realize how spectacularly they lie.

I think Trump has done a really good job at taking a match to PC. May it only live in history.

Mike
    US Army 2000-2004
    Signal Corps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active